Thursday, April 28, 2011

Some pain points for possible startups.

When you are looking for a new business idea, experts recommend solving a problem that is bothering you.

Some ideas I've been pondering lately.

1) InstallShield is a big piece of junk, for developers. I could go on and on. This is a market ready to be won, again. Perhaps, though, the ship has come-and-gone, since application software is dead. Who needs installers when we have apps?

2) The use of Third-party cookies is killing affiliate advertising. Ad blockers and modern browser browers block them, so no one gets paid. How about an advertising network that doesn't use them?

3) I look at VM and I can't tell what's on it. What have I installed since the OS? It'd be nice to get an automatic summary of changes to a machine. The "description" I write with the VM is never right.

4) Trouble tracking all of my domain names.

5) Can't view flash on my iphone. How about a server that converts flash (and restreams) to some format that can be viewed. Too CPU intensive?


No comments: