I've had HTC radar now for 10 days... here are my thoughts:
My previous smartphone experience is with all versions of the iPhone (we've had them all). I got this radar phone on a new T-mobile plan.
Pros for the HTC:
- The phone is a good size and weight.
- Windows Phone 7 operating system is a pleasant surprise. Works well and is speedy on this phone. Simple to figure out.
- It doesn't come preloaded with a too much junk. There are a few T-mobile and HTC apps, but easy to remove them.
Cons for HTC:
- Rear (?) speaker is not very loud.
- Hard to hear when talking on phone.
- Somehow I got some tiny scratches on on screen in the first week. Never did that to iPhone.
- No digital compass (although it does have GPS receiver). So some GPS apps are not happy. I suspect this is a bummer for virtual reality apps, too.